2018 Formula Challenge season
From GPVWC Wiki
|Platform Used||rFactor 2|
|Mod Used||GPVWC CL modular|
|Engine Supplier(s)||GPVWC 3.5L V6|
|Tyre Supplier(s)||GPVWC brand G|
|Formula Challenge Seasons|
|2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018|
|GPVWC series in 2017|
Teams and drivers
- Scuderia Basilea, Bastvik Grand Prix, Holland Racing Team, THUnderdog and YTF1 were all promoted to Supercup.
- Arrow International Racing, EJ Engineering and The Mighty Forth did not continue into 2018.
- MDR Motorsports renamed themselves following the 2017 season, becoming Mayor Downard Racing Team.
- 1Drillers Motorsport merged with Torrent Motorsports during the season and was entered as Torrent Motorsports from the Monaco round onward. This marked Torrent's return to Formula Challenge after a 5-year absence.
- 2Idos Motorsport became Schubert Motorsport Simracing from the Monaco round onward.
- Apex Motorsport raced in the series for the first time following an abortive entry in 2017.
- Cenobyte Motorsports, CM-Tech Racing, Drillers Motorsport, Idos Motorsport, McKinlay Engineering, Shift Gear Racing and WSL Racing Team all entered for the first time in 2018.
- Drag Reduction System (DRS) was introduced to Formula Challenge for the first time in 2018.
|Round||Race Title||Grand Prix||Circuit||Conditions||Date||Start Time|
|1||Australian Grand Prix||Australian GP||Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne||TBC||27th February 2018||TBC||19:00|| |
|2||Chinese Grand Prix||Chinese GP||Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai||TBC||13th March 2018||TBC||19:00|| |
|3||Azerbaijan Grand Prix||Azerbaijan GP||Baku City Circuit, Baku||TBC||27th March 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|4||Spanish Grand Prix||Spanish GP||Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona||TBC||10th Arpil 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|5||Monaco Grand Prix||Monaco GP||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo||TBC||24th April 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|6||Canadian Grand Prix||Canadian GP||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal||TBC||8th May 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|7||French Grand Prix||French GP||Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet||TBC||22nd May 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|8||Austrian Grand Prix||Austrian GP||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||TBC||5th June 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|9||British Grand Prix||British GP||Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire||TBC||19th June 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|10||German Grand Prix||German GP||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim||TBC||3rd July 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|11||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungarian GP||Hungaroring, Budapest||TBC||31st July 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|12||Belgian Grand Prix||Belgian GP||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa||TBC||14th August 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|13||Italian Grand Prix||Italian GP||Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, Monza||TBC||28th August 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|14||Singapore Grand Prix||Singapore GP||Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore||TBC||11th September 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|15||Japanese Grand Prix||Japanese GP||Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka||TBC||25th September 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|16||United States Grand Prix||United States GP||Circuit of the Americas, Austin||TBC||9th October 2018||TBC||18:00||19:00|
|17||Brazilian Grand Prix||Brazilian GP||Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo||TBC||23rd October 2018||TBC||19:00|| |
|18||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Abu Dhabi GP||Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Island||TBC||6th November 2018||TBC||19:00|| |
The 2018 testing schedule is as follows:
|Preseason Test||20th February 2018||Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City|
- The Russian Grand Prix and Mexican Grand Prix were removed from the calendar.
- The location of the Spanish Grand Prix changed from the Valencia Street Circuit to the Circuit de Catalunya, Catalunya hosting the race again after swapping with Valencia in 2017.
- The location of the German Grand Prix likewise changed back from the Nurburgring to the Hockenheimring.
- The French Grand Prix returned to the calendar after a four-year absence, with the Circuit Paul Ricard hosting the event for the first time in 2018.
- The Azerbaijan Grand Prix would be contested for the first time in 2018.