2018 Superleague season
From GPVWC Wiki
|Platform Used||rFactor 2|
|Mod base||GPVWC CL modular|
|Carshape base||F1 based|
|Engine Supplier(s)||Martex, Quasar, Talos, Valiant 1.6L V6 turbo|
|Tyre Supplier(s)||GPVWC brand G|
|2000 · 2001 · 2002 · 2003 · 2004 · 2005 · 2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018|
|GPVWC series in 2017|
Teams and drivers
*Speculative pending confirmation
- The defending Constructors' champions, Vod:Bul Racing, merged with Avid Chronic Racing to form ACR Zakspeed ahead of the 2018 season.
- After more than 13 years in the Superleague, Woods Racing withdrew partway during the 2017 season and did not return in 2018.
- Kernow Sport withdrew from the Superleague after 6 years.
- Green Stripes Racing left the Superleague after 6 years and were demoted to Supercup.
- Epic Racing Team, Evolution Motorsports and Measuric Racing were all promoted from Supercup.
- EVAL Simracing Team and Flag-to-Flag SimRacing entered the Superleague in 2018. Notably, both entered without having progressed through the Career Ladder (albeit EVAL previously completed in Formula Challenge, in 2016).
- Wauters Automotive are to begin production of their own Quasar engines, after winning the engine tender slot held by Trinity that was made free after Woods Racing withdrew from the championship partway through 2017.
The 2018 testing schedule is as follows:
|Preseason Test #1||TBC||TBC|
|Preseason Test #2||TBC||TBC|
|Preseason Test #3||TBC||TBC|
|Preseason Test #4||TBC||TBC|
|Young Driver Test||TBC||TBC|
- The Russian Grand Prix and Mexican Grand Prix were removed from the calendar.
- The location of the Spanish Grand Prix changed from the Valencia Street Circuit to the Circuit de Catalunya, Catalunya hosting the race again after swapping with Valencia in 2017.
- The location of the German Grand Prix likewise changed back from the Nurburgring to the Hockenheimring.
- The French Grand Prix returned to the calendar after a four-year absence, with the Circuit Paul Ricard hosting the event for the first time in 2018.
- The Azerbaijan Grand Prix would be contested for the first time in 2018.