2020 Formula Challenge season
From GPVWC Wiki
|Platform Used||rFactor 2|
|Mod Used||GPVWC CL modular|
|Engine Supplier(s)||GPVWC 3400cc NA V6|
|Tyre Supplier(s)||GPVWC brand G|
|Formula Challenge Seasons|
|2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018 · 2019 · 2020|
|GPVWC series in 2020|
Teams and drivers
- Crossfire, mouseOne Racing, H20 Namaco, Kellamity MTR, Razor GrandPrix, and PZZW Racing were promoted to Supercup for 2020.
- Drillers Motorsports,Enterprise GP, Racing Team Schroten, ShiftGear Racing and Torrent Motorsports withdrew from the Career Ladder after 2019.
- Asombik Esports, Eight-Six eRacing, Fryslan Racing Team, HGP, Neptune Simracing, Nova Simracing, RBA, and Team Gridline all joined at the beginning of 2020.
- Storm Racing Team returned to the Formula Challenge after 6 years.
- Downforce Scalextric Racing returned after spending one year in the Supercup championship in 2019.
- To be confirmed
The 2020 calendar follows the 16-round limit introduced in 2019.
The 2019 testing schedule is as follows:
|Preseason Test||February 2020||TBA|
- The Malaysian, Spanish and, controversially, Monaco Grands Prix were removed from the calendar. The Malaysian round had only been reintroduced in 2019, while the Spanish Grand Prix had been held, at different venues, since 2002. The Monaco Grand Prix, however, had been held every year since the formation of GPVWC, with the only exception of during the curtailed 2001 season.
- The Dutch, French and Russian Grands Prix were reintroduced. The French race was last held in 2018 while Russia had been absent since the end of 2017. The Dutch Grand Prix, together with Zandvoort, was last held in 2012, despite an aborted attempt to hold the Grand Prix at Assen in 2016.
2019 Formula Challenge season
|GPVWC Formula Challenge season
2021 Formula Challenge season