2016 Superleague season
|Platform Used||rFactor 2|
|Carshape base||F1 Based|
|Engine Supplier(s)||Martex, Potentia, Trinity, Valiant|
|Tyre Supplier(s)||GPVWC brand G|
|Drivers' Champion||David Fidock|
|Teams' Champion||Nordsjoen Racing|
|2000 · 2001 · 2002 · 2003 · 2004 · 2005 · 2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017 · 2018|
|GPVWC series in 2016|
The 2016 Superleague season will be the 17th GPVWC Superleague season. Philipp Puschke enters the season as defending Drivers' Champion. CSG Racing, the reigning Constructors' Champions, elected against defending their title.
Teams and drivers
The following teams have confirmed their 2016 participation.
- 1 Midnight Motorsport withdrew from the series after the Monaco round. Production of the Potentia engine supply was assumed by Wauters Automotive until the end of the season.
- 2 Torrent Motorsports withdrew from the series after the Silverstone round.
- CSG Racing, the reigning Constructors' Champions, were initially included on the entry list for the 2016 season. However, the team elected to withdraw from the Superleague prior to the start of the season.
- Phoenix F1 chose not to apply for the 2016 season. With the relegation system introduced at the end of 2014 in place, the team would have been demoted to Supercup had they chosen to continue in the Career Ladder.
- Target Racing did not continue in the Superleague, having competed in only the first seven rounds of the 2015 season.
- The series switched from naturally aspirated V8 to turbocharged V6 engines for 2016.
|Round||Race Title||Grand Prix||Circuit||Conditions||Date||Start Time|
|1||Australian Grand Prix||Australian GP||Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne||TBC||25th February||14:00||19:00|| |
|2||Bahrain Grand Prix||Bahrain GP||Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir||TBC||10th March||18:00||19:00|| |
|3||Russian Grand Prix||Russian GP||Sochi Autodrom, Sochi||TBC||24th March||14:00||19:00|| |
|4||Spanish Grand Prix||Spanish GP||Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona||TBC||7th April||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|5||Turkish Grand Prix||Turkish GP||Istanbul Park, Istanbul||TBC||21st April||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|6||Monaco Grand Prix||Monaco GP||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo||TBC||5th May||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|7||Canadian Grand Prix||Canadian GP||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal||TBC||19th May||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|8||British Grand Prix||British GP||Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire||TBC||2nd June||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|9||Austrian Grand Prix||Austrian GP||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||TBC||16th June||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|10||German Grand Prix||German GP||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim||TBC||30th June||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|11||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungarian GP||Hungaroring, Budapest||TBC||14th July||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|12||Belgian Grand Prix||Belgian GP||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa||TBC||28th July||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|13||Italian Grand Prix||Italian GP||Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, Monza||TBC||1st September||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|14||Japanese Grand Prix||Japanese GP||Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka||TBC||15th September||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|15||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Abu Dhabi GP||Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Island||TBC||29th September||17:00||18:00||19:00|
|16||United States Grand Prix||United States GP||Circuit of the Americas, Austin||TBC||13th October||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|17||Mexican Grand Prix||Mexican GP||Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City||TBC||27th October||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|18||Brazilian Grand Prix||Brazilian GP||Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo||TBC||10th November||14:00||19:00|| |
The 2016 testing schedule is as follows:
|Pre-Season Test 1||28th January||Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona|
|Pre-Season Test 2||4th February||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim|
|Pre-Season Test 3||11th February||Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia|
|Pre-Season Test 4||18th February||Dubai Autodrome, Dubailand|
- The Portuguese and Singapore Grands Prix were both removed from the calendar
- The calendar was extended to 18 races seeing the return of the Mexican Grands Prix after a 4 year absence whilst also seeing the first running of the Russian Grand Prix.
Results and standings
- 1 Due to a track extension offence for not only Emanuel Gaczella but many others, though the Romanian achieved pole position it would be Agustin Canapino who started from P1.
Points are awarded to the top 15 classified finishers.
Bold – Pole
† Cars did not finish the Grand Prix, but were classified as they completed over 90% of the race distance.
2015 Superleague season
|GPVWC Superleague season
2017 Superleague season