2017 Superleague season
|Platform Used||rFactor 2|
|Carshape base||F1 based|
|Engine Supplier(s)||Martex, Trinity, Valiant, Talos|
|Tyre Supplier(s)||GPVWC brand G|
|Drivers||Rudy van Buren|
|2000 · 2001 · 2002 · 2003 · 2004 · 2005 · 2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014 · 2015 · 2016 · 2017|
|GPVWC series in 2017|
Teams and drivers
The amount of team slots was reduced from 14 to just 12 in 2017, with the GPVWC Management citing a desire to promote quality over quantity in GPVWC series in 2017.
*Speculative pending confirmation
- Midnight Motorsport and Torrent Motorsports, who both withdrew partway through the 2016 season, did not return in 2017.
- Nijo Racing did not return in 2017, marking the end of a 6 year tenure in the series.
1Woods Racing withdrew from the championship prior to the British round.
- MadCape Racing Team and Streetfighter Racing Systems were both promoted from Formula Challenge and Supercup respectively.
2017 sees a range of technical changes to the Superleague.
- With the withdrawal of Midnight Motorsport mid-season in 2016, the Potentia line of engines was discontinued for 2017 with Wauters Automotive having become interim manufacturers for the rest of the 2016 season. An engine tender was opened for applications and Hawkeye Racing were granted it to produce the Talos brand of engines.
- R&D and eR&D will see a reduction of concurrent development. In traditional R&D, only two items (from different areas) can be developed at any given time (excluding pit crew training), while only one development area will be allowed in eR&D.
- Engine wear rate will be increased, making engine management a more crucial part of management.
- New tyre compound selection rules will be introduced for 2017. Team managers will be asked to make their selection of three tyre compounds to take to the following race. The choice is free, and each car will be required to use at least two of the compounds during the race.
|Round||Race Title||Grand Prix||Circuit||Conditions||Date||Start Time|
|1||Australian Grand Prix||Australian GP||Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne||TBC||9th March 2017||14:00||19:00|| |
|2||Russian Grand Prix||Russian GP||Sochi Autodrom, Sochi||TBC||23rd March 2017||14:00||19:00|| |
|3||Chinese Grand Prix||Chinese GP||Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai||TBC||6th April 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|4||Spanish Grand Prix||Spanish GP||Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia||TBC||20th April 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|5||Austrian Grand Prix||Austrian GP||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||TBC||4th May 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|6||Monaco Grand Prix||Monaco GP||Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo||TBC||18th May 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|7||Canadian Grand Prix||Canadian GP||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal||TBC||1st June 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|8||British Grand Prix||British GP||Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire||TBC||15th June 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|9||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungarian GP||Hungaroring, Budapest||TBC||29th June 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|10||German Grand Prix||German GP||Nurburgring, Nürburg||TBC||27th July 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|11||Belgian Grand Prix||Belgian GP||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa||TBC||10th August 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|12||Italian Grand Prix||Italian GP||Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, Monza||TBC||24th August 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|13||Singapore Grand Prix||Singapore GP||Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore||TBC||7th September 2017||20:00||18:00||19:00|
|14||Japanese Grand Prix||Japanese GP||Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka||TBC||21st September 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|15||United States Grand Prix||United States GP||Circuit of the Americas, Austin||TBC||5th October 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|16||Mexican Grand Prix||Mexican GP||Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City||TBC||19th October 2017||14:00||18:00||19:00|
|17||Brazilian Grand Prix||Brazilian GP||Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo||TBC||2nd November 2017||14:00||19:00|| |
|18||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Abu Dhabi GP||Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Island||TBC||16th November 2017||17:00||19:00|| |
The 2017 testing schedule is as follows:
|Preseason Test #1||2nd Feb 2017||Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola|
|Preseason Test #2||9th Feb 2017||Hockenheimring, Hockenheim|
|Preseason Test #3||16th Feb 2017||Sepang International Circuit, Sepang|
|Preseason Test #4||23th Feb 2017||Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir|
|Young Driver Test||23rd Nov 2017||Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi|
- The Bahrain Grand Prix, Turkish Grand Prix and Dutch Grand Prix were removed from the calendar, the Dutch round having been replaced with the German Grand Prix in 2016.
- The location of the Spanish Grand Prix changed from the Circuit de Catalunya to the Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia hosting the Spanish Grand Prix for the first time since 2009.
- The location of the German Grand Prix changed from the Hockenheimring to the Nurburgring.
- The Singapore Grand Prix and Chinese Grand Prix returned to the calendar after being removed in 2016 and 2015 respectively.
- The season-ending race was changed from the Brazilian Grand Prix to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.